Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Team Member Bio: Dave Lapierre


Dave Lapierre

Primary sport(s): 
Road, Trail

HS/College:
St. John's Shrewsbury MA 1982 / Didn't run in college but attended U Lowell during the Dunham years

CMS MORT/Masters Team member since: 
Originally joined CMS in 1979 after running the New Leader 4.7 mile road race in Worcester

City/state of residence:  
Chelmsford MA

Occupation: 
Project Manager/Architect/Lead Consultant at Foliage Software

Goals for 2010:  
Contribute in some way in at least one CMS targeted race.  Given my current physical condition this may end up being holding someone's bag at Mt. Washington.

Notable achievements/memories/PR’s in your sport: 
1:08:45 at Mt. Washington in 1991

List one thing others may not know about you: 
I once was able to run respectably.

Your favorite workout:  
My favorite workout even though I could never do it: 105 x 400 @ ~73sec/400 with no rest (aka a marathon in 2:08) Juma Ikangaa did that workout 3 times back in 1988 and the best he got was 2nd place.  In 1988 I was typically doing speedwork at the same pace only doing 12 x 400 with 200 rest.

Your favorite race(s) and why?
My high school alumni race because it is the one place where I can see a lot of folks who used to be good that I can still beat.

Website/Blog Address:
No blog but you can find me on Facebook & LinkedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment