Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Team Member Bio: Dave Harper

Dave Harper


Primary sport(s): 
Road, Cross Country, Triathlon

HS/College:
Leominster High , West Virginia University

CMS Masters Racing Team member since: 
2009...and once in 1987 when Don Drewniak let me run on the D team for the P to P relay

City/state of residence: 
Leominster, MA

Occupation: 
Vegetable Farmer

Goals for 2010:
Score at least one point in the GPS, Finally run a good marathon at Baystate...oh, and set a 40+Pr in every race I run

Notable achievements/memories/PR’s in your sport: 

  • Making the Varsity Team at WVU as a walk-on
  • Winning the 2009 NEXC Masters Grand Prix series

List one thing others may not know about you:  
I quit the soccer team my sophmore year in High School because there was too much running involved. I only started running at the end of my Junior year when friends bet me I couldn't beat my talented younger sister...I beat her at the Partners Pub 5 mile race in 1984 while hurling all over myself and was hooked!

Your favorite workout:
Aussie Quarters...It is a great way to check your fitness

Your favorite race(s) and why?

  • Any Grand Prix Series race, It is fun to race against the best.
  • Triathlon's Half Ironman Distance, if I could only find time to Bike!


Website/Blog Address:
http://daharper.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment