Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Team Member Bio: Dan Navaroli

Dan Navaroli

Primary sport(s): 
Cross, Road, Disappearing for six months at a time

HS/College:  
Leominster High/Fitchburg State

CMS MORT Team member since: 
2009

City/state of residence:   
Clinton, MA

Occupation:  
Engineer

Goals for 2010:  
2009 calendar year: 9 races, 8 PRs.
2010: Make every race a PR of some kind. I imagine this will continue to be my goal until I'm as old as the rest of the guys on this team, at which point my goal will be to move to Florida and not hurt myself getting out of bed.

Notable achievements/memories/PR’s in your sport: 

    * Victor, 2009 USATF New England Outdoor 5000m
    * Fourth man on the first FSC CC team to win a conference championship since I was born
    * Scored my 2nd fastest 5-mile at Slattery's, having ruptured an artery in my esophagus somewhere around mile 4. The ER was blast too.


List one thing others may not know about you:  
"I'm a synesthete."


Your favorite workout:  
When it's 71 and sunny: Anything. Especially in the woods.


Your favorite race(s)and why?  
The Great Harvard 4th of July Road Race. Shaded course on a hot summer day with a four mile rolling climb leading to a massive one mile drop that ends two steps before the finish.
The town puts on a good show.


Website/Blog Address:
My training log is up at www.running2win.com. It's a good site. Recommend everyone join there.

No comments:

Post a Comment