Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Team Member Bio: Greg Hammett

Greg Hammett

Primary sport(s):  
trails, snowshoe, roads, track

HS/College:  
Chariho High 1995 / University of Rhode Island 2000

CMS Mort member since:  
2009

City, state of residence:  
Chesterfield, NH



Occupation:  
P.E. / Health Teacher and middle school xc/track coach

Goals for 2010:  
Have fun, stay healthy, concentrate on shorter races, break 4:20 in the mile

Notable achievements/memories/PR’s in your sport: 
Grand Tree series Champion in 2005,2007, and 2008

List one thing others may not know about you: 
I'm 2-0 against Ribby the Keene Swampbat in mascot races (see photo), 2006 age group snowshoe national champion, I'm an identical twin.

Favorite workout:  
10-13 mile trail tempo run, 8 x 400m

Favorite race(s) and why?
Pisgah 50k, Lil Rhody Run Around, Escarpment, 7 Sisters, and the mile:  I love trail races and the first two are my home courses (my parents live in RI, i train there when I visit them), the next two races are ridiculously hard and beautiful,  and the mile is fast and furious and hurts the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment